News of the Sisters
- Sr. Gertrude Feick will commence work this fall on a Doctorate in Sacred Theology through the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas, Rome, Italy. The topic of her research is the spirituality of Cardinal George Basil Hume, OSB, OM (1923-1999). For the purposes of study, Sr. Gertrude will spend time in Rome and England.
- "Witnessing to Grace and Hope in a Maturing Community" was the theme of the Benedictine Sisters' Annual Community Retreat from June 16-22 at Queen of Angels Monastery. Fr. Raymond Studzinski, OSB, a professor at Catholic University was the retreat presenter.
- It's time for some gemutlichkeit, sausage and oompah music! One of the most beloved folk festivals around, the Mt. Angel Oktoberfest will have its annual four-day run from September 12-15, 2013. The Benedictine Sisters invite you to stop by their booth (located downtown near the Gazebo) during the festival to sample and purchase their famous Monastery Mustard, as well as scrumptious coffee cakes, and delicious Great Harvest Breads.
- Speaking of Monastery Mustard, www.monasterymustard.com is getting a new look and a streamlined online mustard ordering process. Be sure to check it out soon and order your favorite mustards for the fall and for Christmas. If you are not a computer person, you can always call 503-949-6321 to order. Monastery Mustard makes a great Christmas gift - order by December 15!
- Sr. Maureen Niedermeyer attended the biennial meeting of the Monastic Worship Formation Conference at Sacred Heart Monastery in Yankton, S.D. in June. Liturgists and musicians from across the country meet at this conference to share ideas and new music. Sr. Maureen shared a new original composition, Queen of Angels Mass, at the gathering.
Provide Support for the Benedictine Sisters
Want to provide support for the Benedictine Sisters in painless, hassle-free way? The Sisters have enrolled in eScrip, a program that pays a percentage of purchases made at participating merchants to non-profit groups like the Sisters. If you shop at Safeway and have a Safeway Club Card, you can enroll in the eScrip program and have a percentage of your everyday grocery purchases donated to the Sisters every time you use your Club Card. To enroll, log onto www.escrip.com and go to the “Members/Supporter” section. Follow the directions under “Register Now” – the Benedictine Sisters Group ID # is 9614388. There is no cost to you!
return to top of page