The Benedictine Volunteer Program at Queen of Angels Monastery offers men and women the opportunity to live in monastic community and share in the daily work and prayer life of the Benedictine Sisters of Mt. Angel. Volunteers may be single women or men, or married couples who want to serve others and enjoy the mutual enrichment of a religious community.
Types of Volunteer Work at Queen of Angels Monastery
Benedictines are rooted in a tradition of hospitality and service to those in need, but are not bound to one specific type of service. Possible types of volunteer work here include:
- serving the homeless and needy at St. Joseph Shelter and Mission Benedict;
- assisting the Sisters by helping in the kitchen, garden, infirmary, library, or with housekeeping duties;
- caring for the Monastery grounds and assisting the maintenance staff;
- assisting in the retreat ministry at Shalom Prayer Center by serving in reception, guest services, office work, or kitchen;
Volunteer Benefits & Requirements
- housing and meals provided at no cost to volunteers;
- daily community prayer and Eucharist;
- spiritual growth opportunities (e.g. retreats and spiritual direction);
- community recreational and educational activities.
- flexible length of service - come for a week to six months, with a possible extension beyond that.
- 18 - 70 years of age, in good health and without dependents;
- must provide for own financial, medical and personal needs
If you are interested in more information on our Volunteer Program, please complete and submit the form below.
Click here to fill out our online Volunteer Form